Opportunities, Growth, Job Satisfaction...Join the Hydro Team.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is focused on delivering safe, reliable service to power our customers. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes for our customers, the people and businesses of this province. We pride ourselves on being strong and steady, tried and true; while innovating in our approaches to our business. We value our employees, we take care of each other, we recognize excellence, we respect individuality and we work hard to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. People who work at Hydro feel like they’re part of a community and we give back to the communities where we live and work to make them stronger.
We’re looking for passionate and performance focused people – people who want to make a difference for our customers and who share our values.
Supervisor - Hydro Place Operations (Term)
Competition Number: NLH-19-082
Location: St. John’s (Hydro Place)
As the Hydro Place Operations Supervisor you will coordinate and supervise the activities required to operate and maintain the Hydro Place building,, transportation services and administrative staff for building operations, as well as external contractors. You will participate in planning, scheduling and execution of work for Hydro Place; and, perform a variety of related administrative duties. You will be responsible for supervision of the preventive maintenance programs associated with the electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and architectural systems, landscaping, and general properties at Hydro Place.
You will be responsible for supervising the team of employees who ensure that the tenants of Hydro Place have appropriate work space as well as efficient and effective building services. You will ensure that skilled/trained workers are available to complete the planned work, as well ensure that the necessary tools, equipment and parts are available as required. You will identify, develop and establish work methods, work procedures, and work practices for the group supervised and will ensure that employees and contractors conduct work in accordance with Hydro’s safety management system. You will also participate in preparing and administering the Operating and Capital Budgets and Five Year Plan. You will work with your teams to identify opportunities for improvement and implement these improvements.
You will prepare the Hydro Place Long Term Asset Management Plan in conjunction with engineering, and execute this plan ensuring all critical/other systems/structures are covered, as well as prepare and administer various service contracts associated with the maintenance, upkeep and operation of the Hydro Place building. You will be responsible for the supervision of fleet vehicle operations for the St. John's Region, the operations of the office services group and the Hydro Place warehouse. You will prepare and monitor preventive maintenance contracts for all building systems at Hydro Place and prepare and evaluate tenders to ensure they meet all technical requirements before a tender is awarded, for the required maintenance of various systems at Hydro Place.
You investigate problems and provide verbal and/or written reports to the Manager on problems encountered, corrective action taken or recommended and any associated cost, and ensure all incident reports are investigated and completed timely in accordance with the Safety and Health Program. You will manage our building maintenance system and SWOP reports and ensure timely follow up to requestors. You will ensure that all procedures identified in the Environmental Management System and Safety Management System are followed and that employees and contractors are aware of all environmental and safety responsibilities. In addition, you will be expected to administer the Collective Agreement and have working knowledge of all OHS regulations, Safety and Environment regulations and all work policies and procedures within the organization.
- Excellent supervisory skills, ideally gained through a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience in a unionized work environment with experience leading several disciplines;
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Facilities Management/Building Maintenance;
- Excellent interpersonal , communication and collaboration skills are essential;
- Demonstrated ability and experience in planning and scheduling in a dynamic and fast paced environment;
- Graduation from a recognized two or three year course in an Electrical or Mechanical Technology program or Journeyperson status as an Industrial Electrician or Mechanical Maintenance;
- Minimum of 5 years experience working with electrical, mechanical, pneumatic systems using computerized control systems/equipment where required;
- Experience with heating, ventilation, air conditioning as well as ability to read and interpret blue print drawings for these systems in the building;
- Strong working knowledge of computers and corporate applications (i.e.: Lotus Notes, Microsoft Office Suite, JDE, etc.);
- Experience with continuous improvement;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment;
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Other combinations of related education and experience will be considered.
CLOSING DATE: August 15, 2019
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro manages our province’s electricity system. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes because we know our customers are counting on us. Through our generation, transmission and distribution operations, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our customers and providing residents, businesses and communities across the province with safe, reliable power. For more information, visit www.nlhydro.com