|Closing Date:||June 24, 2019|
|Line of Business:||Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro|
|Work Location:||St. John's|
Opportunities, Growth, Job Satisfaction...Join the Hydro Team.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is focused on delivering safe, reliable service to power our customers. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes for our customers, the people and businesses of this province. We pride ourselves on being strong and steady, tried and true; while innovating in our approaches to our business. We value our employees, we take care of each other, we recognize excellence, we respect individuality and we work hard to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. People who work at Hydro feel like they’re part of a community and we give back to the communities where we live and work to make them stronger.
We’re looking for passionate and performance focused people – people who want to make a difference for our customers and who share our values.
Competition #: NLH-19-067
Location: St. John’s
Reporting to the Team Lead, Budgeting and Forecasting, you will be responsible for the day to day cash management. You will be required to prepare and maintain short-term cash projections including an explanation of variances. You will be responsible for supervising and providing leadership to the Treasury staff. You will use cash flow forecasts to make short-term borrowing and investment decisions and manage the short-term investment and borrowing portfolios. You will administer all corporate debt service obligations and manage related sinking funds, daily banking activities and control all cash receipts and disbursements. As the successful candidate you will oversee all aspects of general ledger accounting for cash, short-term investments, short-term borrowings, sinking funds and long-term debt. You will also be responsible for monitoring and recommending improvements in internal control over transactions pertinent to Treasury, including those controls relevant to mid-office risk management functions.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and maintain detailed monthly cash forecasts and prepare monthly variance analyses.
- Monitor daily activity of all bank accounts and ensure appropriate balances are maintained in accordance with budgeted/forecasted cash needs.
- If cash surpluses/deficiencies are forecasted, direct implementation of cash management strategy through the issuance of promissory notes and investment of surplus funds.
- Control issuance of all cheques and review all cheques and electronic funds transfers before release.
- Review and approve all Treasury-generated GL receipts and journal entries as well as applicable GL account reconciliations.
- Approve cheque requests for debt servicing, fuel payments, payroll, and other major expenditures, after verifying appropriate supporting documentation.
- Execute foreign exchange trades in accordance with approved strategy.
- Purchase investments for bond sinking funds
- Maintain day-to-day relationship with Corporation's bankers and addresses any problems that arise.
- Prepare various reports including weekly synopsis of market statistics, monthly foreign exchange activity, monthly sinking funds activity, monthly long term debt schedule, and monthly guaranteed debt report.
- Monitor technological needs of the department and recommend improvements when indicated.
- Monitor staff performances on a regular basis and complete annual performance appraisals for non-union staff.
- Liaise with external auditors in the provision of information relative to the annual audit.
CLOSING DATE: June 24, 2019
- A University Degree in Commerce or Business Administration with a major in Finance or Accounting coupled with a Professional Accounting designation or equivalent experience.
- 7-10 years experience in with progressive levels of responsibility within a Treasury, Finance or Accounting related role;
- Proven supervisory experience.
- Excellent analytical skills and problem solving abilities.
- Strong, team based, interpersonal skills to foster effective working relationships with members the finance team.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task in fast paced, deadline driven environment, while dealing with highly sensitive and confidential information.
- Good working knowledge of computers, specifically with MS Office suite of applications, JD Edwards, Showcase Strategy, computerized inventory and maintenance programs.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro manages our province’s electricity system. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes because we know our customers are counting on us. Through our generation, transmission and distribution operations, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our customers and providing residents, businesses and communities across the province with safe, reliable power. For more information, visit www.nlhydro.com.