|Closing Date:||May 27, 2019|
|Line of Business:||Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro|
|Work Location:||St. John's|
Opportunities, Growth, Job Satisfaction... Join the Hydro Team.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is focused on delivering safe, reliable service to power our customers. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes for our customers, the people and businesses of this province. We pride ourselves on being strong and steady, tried and true; while innovating in our approaches to our business. We value our employees, we take care of each other, we recognize excellence, we respect individuality and we work hard to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. People who work at Hydro feel like they’re part of a community and we give back to the communities where we live and work to make them stronger.
We’re looking for passionate and performance focused people – people who want to make a difference for our customers and who share our values.
Operating Technology (OT) Cyber Security Officer
Competition #: NLH-19-056
Location: St. John’s
Our Hydro Information and Operating Technology team is currently seeking an individual with strong leadership skills to lead Hydro’s Operating Technology Cyber Security practice. This position receives general direction from the Senior Manager, NLH Information and Operating Technology (IT/OT), but will be expected to exercise a high level of leadership, personal initiative and judgment in planning, organizing and directing the ongoing strategic, operational, and maintenance of Hydro’s Operational Technology Cyber Security initiatives.
This position is responsibile for protecting Nalcor’s OT assets from intentional and unintentional loss, disclosure, alteration, destruction and unavailability. This Cyber Security Officer consults with senior business leaders regarding their operational security risks and guides development of security and business continuance standards and action plans.
This is a business-oriented, influence-exercising job, with the goal of assisting the business in making the appropriate Cyber risk decisions that are consistent with the goals and risk tolerance of the organization. The role and responsibilities of the OT Cyber Security Officer continue to evolve, influenced by changes in business demands, technologies and security threats.
You will join the Operating Technology Team and will be responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate wide Operational Technology Cybersecurity program to ensure that OT assets are adequately protected.
- Requires an understanding of the business objectives, management’s risk tolerance, cost of various security alternatives and utilizing judgment to match the appropriate security controls to the business initiatives.
- Responsible for identifying, evaluating and reporting on OT Cyber security risks in a manner that meets compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Work with business leaders to implement practices that meet defined policies and standards for OT security. You will also oversee all OT cyber security risk management activities.
- Must be highly knowledgeable about the operational technology business environment and must ensure that OT systems are maintained in a fully functional and secure mode.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in Computer Science, Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience. A Master’s Degree would be an asset.
- A minimum of 10 to 15 years of IT/OT and business/industry work experience, with at least 5 years of leadership experience in managing multiple, large, cross-functional teams or projects, and influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- The OTCSO is an integrator of people and processes, a thought leader, a problem solver, an effective consultant and should possess solid domain competency in the field of OT security by having direct experience in a significant leadership role.
- Security Professional certification is required such as a CISSP, CISM, CISA or other information security credentials.
- Knowledge of security and control frameworks is required, such as NERC CIP, IEC 62443.
- In–depth knowledge of technological trends and developments in the area of operational technology cyber security and risk management in this broad fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of both IT and OT Cyber Security, excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills, along with the ability to work in a team environment. Must be energetic, motivated, and results-oriented.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; interpersonal and collaborative skills; and the ability to communicate security and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate valid driver’s license. Some travel will be required.
CLOSING DATE: May 27, 2019
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro manages our province’s electricity system. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes because we know our customers are counting on us. Through our generation, transmission and distribution operations, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our customers and providing residents, businesses and communities across the province with safe, reliable power. For more information, visit www.nlhydro.com.
Our company values diversity and inclusion in the workplace and encourages applications from diverse candidates, including women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Submit your application online. Please quote the competition number with your application. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.