Opportunities, Growth, Job Satisfaction...Join the Hydro Team.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is focused on delivering safe, reliable service to power our customers. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes for our customers, the people and businesses of this province. We pride ourselves on being strong and steady, tried and true; while innovating in our approaches to our business. We value our employees, we take care of each other, we recognize excellence, we respect individuality and we work hard to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. People who work at Hydro feel like they’re part of a community and we give back to the communities where we live and work to make them stronger.
We’re looking for passionate and performance focused people – people who want to make a difference for our customers and who share our values.
Civil Maintenance Supervisor
Competition #: NLH-19-055
Location: Bay D’Espoir
Our Hydro Production team is currently seeking an individual with strong leadership and management skills to lead the Hydro work execution team. You will work under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Dam Safety & Services, but will be expected to exercise a considerable amount of personal initiative and judgement in the planning, leading, controlling and directing of activities in the Civil Maintenance Section.
In this role, you will ensure efficient and reliable operation of the Burnt Dam, Victoria, and Granite Canal structures including all repairs and upgrading programs. You will also ensure all monitoring, reporting and repairs to dams/dykes are conducted in a safe and efficient manner. You will provide support to managers/supervisors at the Departmental/Regional/Plant level to execute the annual work plan. You will confirm the Safety and Health, legislated regulations/standards, and the Environmental Management System are followed when executing tasks. You will also be required to perform a variety of related administrative duties.
- You have graduated high school, supplemented by either the successful completion of a three year Civil Technology Program or a minimum of five years experience as a Journeyperson Carpenter. Consideration may be given to applicants with other levels of education and combined work experience.
- Must have knowledge and experience in the construction and maintenance of dams/dykes, roads and bridges, and have a basic knowledge of heavy equipment operations.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills to effectively interact with a variety of personnel, and other industry participants, both internal and external is a must.
- Must possess a good working knowledge of computers with appropriate awareness of various corporate applications as necessary. These may include, but are not limited to, the Microsoft suite of applications, JD Edwards, and Showcase Strategy.
- Demonstrated experience within a team environment.
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate valid driver’s license. Travel will be required.
CLOSING DATE: May 22, 2019
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro manages our province’s electricity system. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes because we know our customers are counting on us. Through our generation, transmission and distribution operations, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our customers and providing residents, businesses and communities across the province with safe, reliable power. For more information, visit www.nlhydro.com