Opportunities, Growth, Job Satisfaction...Join the Hydro Team.
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro is focused on delivering safe, reliable service to power our customers. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes for our customers, the people and businesses of this province. We pride ourselves on being strong and steady, tried and true; while innovating in our approaches to our business. We value our employees, we take care of each other, we recognize excellence, we respect individuality and we work hard to create an inclusive and welcoming workplace. People who work at Hydro feel like they’re part of a community and we give back to the communities where we live and work to make them stronger.
We’re looking for passionate and performance focused people – people who want to make a difference for our customers and who share our values.
Occupational Health Nurse (OHN)
Competition Number: NLH-18-123
Location: Hydro Place, St. John’s
Are you someone who demonstrates responsibility, accountability and initiative in the delivery of Occupational Health Services? We require a motivated and driven individual to join our team in St. John’s. The ideal candidate uses their combined occupational health expertise, strong communication, and interpersonal skills to implement and promote a prevention oriented and cost effective occupational health program for NL Hydro.
Reporting to the Lead Occupational Health Nurse, and part of the Human Resources/Labour Relations Team, the Occupational Health Nurse (OHN) provides consultation, guidance, coordination, and delivery of occupational health services to all departments within Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro. The OHN’s primary role will be the delivery of day to day case management that supports the internal sick leave programs, including Early & Safe Return to Work and Attendance Support Programs. The role would also play a key role in the implementation of other Occupational Health Programs, including, Hearing Conservation, Wellness Programs, Industrial Hygiene, Injury Prevention, and Ergonomics. These services may include audiometric testing and ergonomic workstation reviews. This position maintains positive relationships with our internal and external stakeholders and ensures policies, procedures and programs operate in support of our operational as well as our corporate Health and Safety strategies.
CLOSING DATE: December 7, 2018
- Successful completion of a Bachelor of Nursing; if candidate demonstrates a strong background in disability management and occupational health programming, other health related disciplines may be considered;
- Practicing license with the Association of Registered Nurses of Newfoundland and Labrador (ARNNL) or applicable licensing body;
- Post-secondary education in an occupational/health related field such as Occupational Health Nursing, certification such as COHN(C), Disability Management, Mental Health or Counselling;
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience in Occupational Health, disability management or a related field;
- Strong organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills are required;
- Advanced computer skills working with Microsoft Office suite, database maintenance and software applications eg. Cority;
- A Class Five (5) Driver’s License;
- Ability to travel periodically to various NL Hydro Regional Office locations;
- A Canadian Registered Safety Professional (CRSP) designation is a definite asset;
Newfoundland and Labrador Hydro manages our province’s electricity system. We are a company of people who work hard behind the scenes because we know our customers are counting on us. Through our generation, transmission and distribution operations, we’re committed to meeting the needs of our customers and providing residents, businesses and communities across the province with safe, reliable power. For more information, visit www.nlhydro.com.