Year of Service: 1955
Plant Combined Capacity: 1 megawatt (MW)
Constructed in 1955 by Maritime Mining Corporation to provide electricity for Tilt Cove Mines, these are the oldest units in the Hydro Generation System. Located on the Baie Verte Peninsula, these two plants can produce a total of 1 MW. Both are single unit plants using horizontal shaft Francis turbine generator units and were originally constructed with above ground wood stave penstocks. By 2006, The Snooks Arm plant wood stave penstock had deteriorated and was replaced by an above ground steel penstock.